Early Swimming and Evening Swimming
For the fifth consecutive year we are organising Early Swimming and Evening Swimming: lane swimming in our 50 metre long pool early in the morning or in the evening. These extra hours are possible thanks to dozens of active members who help out as volunteers on reception and as authorised lifeguards. During the summer season you can swim your laps at the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 6:30 am to 9:30 am, Sunday: 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Monday to Thursday (not on Friday): 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- If on Mondays to Thursdays temperatures are 25 degrees or more the lido will sometimes stay open to the public until 7:00 pm with the last entry at 6:30 pm. There is no Evening Swimming for members on those days. You can check the official website of the city council or call 020-692 50 30.
- Monday to Friday: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Last entry at 5:00 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. Last entry at 5:00 pm.
Frequently asked questions
Can I stay in the pool between the end of the Early Morning Swimming hours and the start of the regular opening hours?
Can I enter the lido before Evening Swimming begins?
Are there special rules of conduct during the Early Morning and Evening Swimming hours?
- Changing in and out of swimwear is permitted only in the changing rooms and not at the poolside.
- You may only swim in the 50-metre pool because this is the pool we rent, not the shallow arm of the pool.
- Always do what the lifeguards ask you, like leave the pool because of thunder, only fast swimmers in fast lane.
- When Early Morning and Evening Swimming hours are over, you must leave the lido, including the lawns.
- Under 16s must be supervised in the water by their parent or adult (16+).
How can I pay for a twelve swim ticket (12-badenkaart) Early Morning and Evening Swimming hours?
- You can pay in cash or pin with your debit card.
- You can buy shower coins (€ 0.50) at reception to use the six hot showers.
- You will need a regular € 0.50 coin for the lockers (refundable). We do our best to keep a stack of € 0.50 coins at reception but they’re often in demand so we may not always have them available.